Monday, February 27, 2012

3 C's of Lent

Although I am not Catholic I like the idea of Lent and the fact Jesus gave up so much for us that we can honor him by doing something in return. Of course what we do is so minimal in comparison but I still like the idea. Last year I gave up Dr. Pepper and sweets. This year at church we were challenged with not only giving up something but maybe adding something in as well. I have decided to do both. I call it my 3 C's of Lent, Connect, Calories, Communicate.


CONNECT: Our church is doing their no regrets, one month to live challenge. So starting today, and for the next 30 days, Lonnie and I will be reading the book and living as if it were our last month on Earth. My goal is to have a better connection or re-connect with family, friends, church and all things we hold dear to our heart.


CALORIES: My good friend told me about the app My Fitness Pal, that I am totally addicted to(and it's free!!). If you want to lose weight or just maintain it you can use this app to calculate your ideal calorie intake and then it has a daily diary you can add up what you eat to let you know how you are doing to achieve your goals. Although I am not really trying to lose weight I do think it is important that I start keeping track of what I am putting in my body and have been amazed or I should say shocked at how many calories some things contain, yikes!! So I will be counting calories for the duration of Lent!


COMMUNICATE: This is actually something I am giving up. I am not giving up communicating(Lonnie might like that, haha) but the lack of meaningful or purposeful communication with my hubby, kids, family, friends because of time I like to spend checking fb! I am really not that bad but do enjoy checking status updates and it tends to drive Lonnie a little nuts so to show him and myself that it is not necessary I am taking a 40 day(technically started 2 days in) hiatus from Facebook!




I am hoping by blogging my goals that I will be held more accountable on achieving them. I do tend to have grand plans that end up just good ideas so I will revisit this post after Easter to see how I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment