Friday, February 17, 2012

Random rant interuppts Fabulous February

So I realized that most, if not all, of my posts are over the wonderful things that occur in my life. Who doesn't want to show off their great marriage, their children's accomplishments, their fun times with friends and family, their milestones, their vacations, etc....but to be fair for those other moms out there, especially working ones, I felt that I needed to post about the times when you aren't quite "perfect", when you are worn out, when you want to cry in the closet(yes I have done that), when you want to scream, cuss, hit something or someone, when you are not the Super Mom that everyone thinks you are......here is to those times :)

Let's rewind to I guess you could say October because that was when I came down with strep throat for the first time(right before a scheduled visit to see BFF Jennie that I had to cancel) then came November when we drove to CS on a Friday night to celebrate Paige's bday but had to turn around and drive back home without even going out because Case didn't feel well(ear infection). Next up, December right before Xmas break where we were hit with the stomach bug, all but Morgan. Then came January where I got strep throat again and this time so did Morgan. Now we are in February and last Friday the day before we were to go out of town for the weekend Case wakes up with pink eye, Tuesday I am on the way to take Morgan to get her speech tested(3rd time) and Case's sitter calls that he has fever and threw up. On my way back from appt, on way to pick up Case and Mallory's school calls because she is in the nurse's office with a 101 fever. I mean for real....comical really.

So needless to say I am worn a$% out on the sickness crap. I don't know if it is our weather or what but please God let it end! I love that when the kids are sick all they want is their momma but all they want is their momma! To sum up how I feel this is how my night went last night....

Picture this...last night at dinner Case eats a waffle while I am making Mallory poached eggs on toast. Morgan is starving and has asked for a fried egg and some mini pancakes(yes my fault for cooking 10 different meals!!) Anyway, Case gags on the ridiculous amount of snot he has and proceeds to almost throw up- deja vu to the day before when he actually did throw up all of his yogurt at the table in my hands...awesome. So after done gagging he says he wants more(mind you they have all just had a bath and Lonnie is gone at a fb clinic) so I make him one more - tend to Mallory's overcooked eggs and start on Morgan's...notice Case is smiling a lot so I ask Mal to get a wipe to help wipe his hands....Mallory says Mom we have a problem here, I didn't realize I left the syrup close enough to Case and open and therefore we now have half the bottle poured on his plate, on the table and yes in his lap...bath #2. And I hate the smell of syrup when I am not eating something with it!
Case goes down easy only to wake up with the sad, sad cry of Momma and proceeds to toss in turn in bed with me from 11:30-1:30(after multiple attempts at putting him down) seriously?!?! So I made yet another appt today for Case($100+ in copays this past week!!) because I can tell something is still wrong by the fact he didn't eat one donut hole this morning and he normally downs about 12 in a 3 mile radius!! Oh and did I mention that Lonnie and I are really watching what we eat right now and therefore I AM STARVING!!!!

WHEW.....now that feels better! To my mommy friends with newborns that won't sleep, toddlers that are turds, youngens that already know everything, preteens that pretend you aren't related and teenagers(well enough said) YOU ARE NOT ALONE when you have a bad day!!

I just have to remember that God would never give me anything I can't handle so I guess I feel pretty blessed that he thinks I am this strong :) Seriously though, although I am ranting I know there are many out there that would love to be in my position who for whatever reason are unable so in the end all I can do is thank God that he chose me for this wonderful, tiring, amazing, stressful, beautiful, joyous, blessed job called Motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment