Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fabulous February- Part 3

To celebrate our anniversary, Lonnie and I planned a weekend get away to San Antonio. My sis-in-law told me that the new JW Marriot Hill Country http://www.jwsanantonio.com/ offered a state rate for teachers so I called and sure enough they do(see end of post). My parents watched the kids and on a Friday afternoon we were off. This place was a-m-azing!!!


Friday afternoon we checked in and explored the grounds. We felt guilty as we walked by the pool area with a lazy river, three water slides, hot tub, etc because it was heated so the kids would have had so much fun!

Below is the front of the hotel. Beautiful. Not only was there heated outdoor fun, but smores at night, outdoor and indoor fire places, 5 restaurants I think and a starbucks in the hotel!


We decided to go see a movie after checking in (which is a rare occassion) and went to see the Vow with about 1,000 other junior high/high school students on a Friday night then ate a late meal at Olive Garden afterwards!



Saturday we slept in until 9:00 (woo hoo)...then got up and got massages at the amazing La Vantana Spa. So relaxing. We then headed to do some shopping at the Shops at the Quarry. I can't remember the last time we shopped where we didn't have to just rush in and out because a kid was ansy and ready to go...it was sooo nice! When we returned they had delivered the goodies below to say Happy Anniversary!(not to mention they had upgraded our room as well)





So nice.


The view from our floor. After shopping we went to the hot tub and the spa for a little longer to use the steam rooms, sauna, etc...living the life ;) Then my brother and sis-in-law met us at the sports bar for dinner. Such a nice evening.






The view from our room. Sunday we slept in again then ate the wonderful breakfast buffet and headed home. Thanks to my parents for allowing us such a nice break to just get to hang out!


So about the discount.....When I called to make reservations I asked if they offered a state employee rate. They answered that they did and I would just need to bring my school photo id upon check in. At the time the room rate was $299 without taxes. We got our first night for $106 before taxes and the second night for $179 before taxes!!!!! Can you believe that? I don't know why the first night was that low but I think the standard is $179 which after you add in the resort fees and taxes I would say about $220 which is amazing considering in the summer the rooms are $399 a night!! and you can still use your discount then too( I have checked!) AND you get two rooms per state employee so those of you, like me, married to a teacher we can get four rooms at the discounted rate!! Needless to say I think we will be visiting the JW quite often in our future.




















No comments:

Post a Comment