Friday, July 30, 2010

"We eat all we can and we sell the rest"

As many of you know my summer is almost over. Monday begins my 2010 volleyball season. So today I decided to end my official summer with something fun. The kids and I met some of our best buds The Perronis in Brenham, TX to take the Blue Bell ice cream tour. The girls and I did it last summer and enjoyed it so much we just had to return.
Here we are ready to go.(the girls were sporting some Hannah Montana gear since we are now loving her- a little late but loving her nonetheless)
When we got to the creamery there was a bit of a line so we bought tickets and had some photo ops. The tour is great because it runs every 10 minutes and kids 5 and under are free with adults only $5.00(with free ice cream at the end- the best part!!)
Case didn't know what he was missing.
Hudson, Mallory, Bella and Morgan
Waiting for the tour to begin
Mallory kept coming up with photo ideas...Such a ham
Cutie patooties- big kids starting kindergarten in a few weeks! ahhhh!!
I love this picture because of Morgan's face. If you look closely she has that look that we see quite often. She is such a character.
Mommy, Case, Mallory and Morgan
Mom and Jen got in on the fun- Mallory actually took this photo and one other and they were both pretty good.
This picture was after the tour. They don't allow cameras while you are touring- don't want their secrets getting out. It was very interesting to learn all about the ice cream.
Fun Facts:
*The milk from 50,000 cows = 1 day of ice cream production
*Vanilla is the only ice cream flavor made every day and is the #1 seller
*Cookies and Cream is the #2 seller and they don't use oreos but cookies made at their bakery
*Dutch chocolate is #3- I had to include that fact because that is Lonnie's favorite
I won't give any more info away in case you want to learn all about it yourself. The best part of the tour is at the end when you get to choose your ice cream. YUM! I tried a new flavor they just made in July called Caramel Kettle Crunch- it was outstanding. As we were leaving I had to take the elevator down with the stroller and this gentleman walked by and said, you know "we eat all we can and we sell the rest but today we don't have any left"- he chuckled as he kept walking. As I got in the elevator the tour guide said that was Paul Kruse, the CEO. I thought that was pretty neat. His grandfather started Blue Bell.
After the tour we went to eat at Must Be Heaven. I have been quite a few times both here and in Bryan, TX. The place is very quaint and the food very tasty, I wanted Jen to get to try it.
The kids posing with what Bella said were not real people.
I LOVE this picture. Once again Mallory setting the pose and Morgan following suit.
This one was Morgan's idea. Do you think my kids ever have their picture taken??
Case captured how we all felt after our drive to Brenham, an ice cream tour, a yummy lunch with friends and our drive home....WORN OUT!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to know you have a blog, too! Now I can keep up with yall :) Yes, Andrew and his sisters went to Clark in SA...what a small world!!! Hope yall are doing well!

    ReplyDelete