Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

As I mentioned before Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about it and this year was no different. On Good Friday we were pretty lazy and just enjoyed the day around the house. We did practice some Easter egg hunting in the backyard which was lots of fun. Daddy and I hid them and the girls found them, then they hid from each other then they hid them for us. It was a challenge coming up with new places! On Saturday I went to strollerfit and was so glad my friends Karen and Stacey came for the second day, sore and all! Janna, one of my other best friends, instructed class and it was a lot of fun. I took the girls with me and Mallory did most of the workout :) Saturday afternoon we went to our church service which was great. I love the Easter services. After church we went to Landry's(yummy) with my mom and dad and enjoyed sitting outside and the spring weather. Easter Sunday we had planned to have the fam over but our upstairs AC has been out for about a month- until the last few days we didn't really need it but when the 80 temps rolled in it was a bit too hot so we headed to my in laws. Before we went however the Easer bunny had dropped by so the girls went hunting about 7:00 in their jammies. Unfortunately no pic :( but he did bring swimsuits, flip flops and other goodies in their baskets.

On the way to the in laws, we picked up breakfast tacos from Taco Cabana, added some fruit salad(thanks Sarah T) and yummy eclairs and had a great Easter breakfast. The Easter bunny had hidden real eggs and Mamaws so the girls hunted those too. It is a tradition to have "egg fights" at my in laws so the idea is to hit your egg against someone else's and whoever's cracks loses. Mallory was all about this game. Not quite sure where she gets her competitive spirit. Papaw of course tried to cheat but Mallory figured it out. After the egg wars the girls got to go in the hot tub and nicely wore themselves out. It was a wonderful Easter with our family. We are so blessed to be close to both our parents both in location and how we feel about them. God is good!!



The Madison gang at Mamaw and Papaws


Case giving a smile
I'm thinking or I am pooping! Love the hair buddy
Pretty in purple
Sweet sisters

2 comments:

  1. Those dresses are adorable! Love the purple. your family is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such a great job of keeping this updated, I am impressed! I love the family photo of the FIVE of you.

    ReplyDelete