Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gig 'Em Aggies, WHOOP!

I survived my first week back at school and capped it off with a great weekend. On Friday we headed to College Station for the Aggie Letterman's Reunion. We stayed with some of our best friends The McKinneys. A sitter came Friday night for all the kiddos(6 to be exact) so we could attend the reception held for the former letterman. I know Lonnie enjoyed seeing some of his old teammates. After the reception Paige and I stopped by the house to check on the kids. Case was hungry and crying for mom so we picked him up to give the sitter some relief and met the guys out for dinner. It's always a nice break to have some adult conversation. Saturday morning we got up and kind of all did our own thing until the Letterman BBQ. I got to see my former 4th grade teacher whom I still stay in contact with and now lives in CS. She also used to be a photographer so she was kind enough to take pics of the kids in the bluebonnets and some of us as a family. I will post when I get them!!

When we finished our visit we headed to the BBQ. I always tease Lonnie and say that I live vicariously through his alumni status at A&M. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Mustang but A&M has such awesome traditions and the fact Lonnie played football there gives us a lot of unique opportunities at the University. We met back up with The McKinneys and were joined by our other "besties", The Perronis. Lonnie, Seth(McKinney) and Evan(Perroni) all played together and were at one time or maybe twice, roommates. Paige(McKinney) and Jennifer(Perroni) have both been blessings in my life as great friends. We are so fortunate that we have grown as friends and as families and our kids- 8 now, have so much fun together.

Here is the gang minus Case(9 weeks) who slept the entire BBQ and Maroon & White game. Isabella p.(2)Hannah m,(3) Abigail m,(5) Morgan m,(3) Kate m,(7) Mallory m(5) and Hudson P.(5) Hud is one lucky boy or at least that is what Evan would tell him!!


After the BBQ we walked over to Kyle Field for the spring game. We got to go down to the field and sat underneath the jumbo-tron. Every time some one would score, the cannon would sound. The kids were preparing!

Case taking it in. Unfortunately you can't see his cute Aggie shirt that Karen gave him. So handsome :)

Jenn and Bella
Morgan and her daddy. The kids were great considering it was hot and at a football game. A little after halftime we headed back to the McKinney's where everyone got to jump on the trampoline and play some more. We ate dinner, which went surprisingly well with all of our kids, and headed back home.

I had to laugh when I thought that it all started with 3 teammates who were good friends. They then became 6 when they married us and now we have become 14 with all of our kids. How time changes from our college days!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! We had so much fun! The girls keeping talking about how much fun they had and when are we going to do it again!!! I say seaworld summer 2010!!! More fun memories to be made that we have missed out on but are so happy to be here to enjoy them now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete