Friday, January 29, 2010

Full moon could bring baby soon

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant. I visited my doctor yesterday for my weekly check up and was enlightened about the full moon effect on childbirth. Everything went well at the appt. Weight gain good, Strep B test negative, Case was active and looked happy and no dialation. So in my mind I still have three weeks to go. At the end of the check up my doctor told me that there will be a full moon this weekend so my water could break and to call her no matter what time and let her know if I have any signs of that. WHAT??

Well when I returned to work I of course googled this theory and sure enough there have been many cases in which a full moon will cause pregnant women's water to break. The gravitational pull the moon has on the seas acts in the same way as on the amniotic sac of a pregnant woman. Now don't get me wrong, I am ready to have this baby but not sure I am ready for this to happen this weekend!! And some women in my office said their water broke when they weren't dialted but it was a full moon. So I am still counting on Case coming in a few weeks but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment