Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Family Affair

This weekend marked the first time in three years that my two sisters, brother and parents were all together at the same time. We always seem to be one family member short when we get together because my sister Becca lives in Nebraska, my brother Brent lives in San Antonio and my other sister Sharon lives across town in Houston. And between the four of us we have 11 kids so coordinating can be difficult. If we could just get all of the spouses at the same time too that would be great.

One of our best family friends was getting married so we had the rehearsal dinner Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. What a fun weekend with the fam!! The rehearsal was at the Avia Hotel in Market Street in The Woodlands. It is a really neat new hotel boutique and the food was delish. After the dinner we headed back to our house and hung out.

Lonnie and Me
From left to right: Sis in law Laurie, Becca, Mom, Me and Sharon
Becca, Brent, Sharon, and Me(I'm the baby followed by Becca, Brent then Sharon)
Sisters!
The Olsons
Dad, Brent, Bro in Law Ro, Lonnie

Saturday we spent the day together at my parents swimming, visiting and just having a good time. We had our kids but everyone else was enjoying their kid break.

Saturday night the wedding was at The United Methodist Church in The Woodlands followed by the reception at the Palmer Course. The church brought back memories as that is where Lonnie and I got married. The reception was first class and had the coolest thing I have seen at a reception..a candy bar. I am so mad I didn't take pictures but it was a bar full of candy that the guests could take as their party favor. AWESOME!!
All dressed up

My vote for best dressed was Laurie- I loved her entire outfit!
My mom and dad. My dad won my male best dressed vote- lookin good :)

Everyone minus my brother in law James who couldn't make the trip. Hopefully next time. After the reception I went to pick up Case as my very sweet mother in law watched him and the girls for both nights. Unfortunately for her he is not the easiest these days at night and only wants his mommy. I was very appreciative though. We then went back to my parents, had some late night swimming and called it a night.

I so hope we don't go three years before our next get together as we had lots of laughs and a great time together. I love our family

No comments:

Post a Comment