Thursday, July 11, 2013

Paint Project

I don't know if it is moving out to the country or what but my tastes for decor have changed a little bit.  I really, really love the look of distressed furniture and shabby shic, country chic,  antiqued stuff these days. Soooo I decided to research how to distress our side tables in our bedroom.  Originally I was going to have someone else do it but decided I would try myself.


Here is Morgan posing on one of the tables.  If you notice on the top it was already chipping and paint coming off from water damage so I figured if I messed it up further it wouldn't be that big of a deal.


After searching on Google I found information on paint called Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  The great thing about this paint is you don't have to sand, prime or do anything to the furniture you want to paint. All you do is paint it!!!!  


I found a distributor of the paint in Old Town Spring at a shop called Michelle A Marie and Co. and chose the color Provence.





I used two coats and the paint dries really quickly.


At the shop in OTS, they showed me different palettes of how the paint would look with different waxes.  I really liked the look of a dark wax so went with that.


The great part about the wax is you can put as little or as much on as you want and you can't really mess it up because it is to your liking as to how it comes out.  The first piece I used probably too much wax so we used sand paper after and distressed it a little to make more of the blue come out.  For the second one I didn't even need to do that!


Voila!!  Here is the finished product.  It was such an easy and relatively inexpensive project that totally changed the look of our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment