Friday, January 11, 2013

Bo and Beatrice

Since Lonnie and I have had dogs our entire relationship there was void once Brynn and Broadie were gone.  All Mallory kept asking for her birthday and Christmas was a dog.  Personally I think I could have had a break for a while because it was really hard on me losing Brynn and Broadie.

However seeing Mallory so sad I couldn't take it.  So Lonnie began researching.  I was convinced I wanted a boxer again because they are my favorite but then decided a small dog might be easier, lower maintenance, etc.  Long story short Lonnie convinced me to go the animal shelter with him.  All I can say is it was the saddest thing ever seeing all those dogs looking at me with sad eyes and I felt like such a dog snob since we have always gotten ours from breeders and paid a ton of money.



Our timing was perfect as these two puppies had just been brought in- brother and sister, found by a dumpster.  Poor babies were flea infested and abandoned.  The shelter didn't know what kind of dogs they were and could only guess their age about 7 weeks old.  I couldn't bare to separate them so we decided to adopt both.



Mallory came up with their names and I thought they were perfect: Beatrice is on the left in the picture above, Bo is on the right.



  Car ride home from the shelter


Seeing them cuddle made me feel good we kept them together


We searched and searched the internet to try and figure out what kind of dogs they are.  Bo's coloring is so unique and his hair is so soft.  Bea is petite and has totally different hair.  I started to wonder if they were actually related. 



Bo


We finally took Bo and Bea to our vet and I learned something I never knew.  Dogs' eggs can fertilize 2-3 times.  So the vet said they have the same mother but different fathers.  They guessed that their mom is a Dachshund(wiener dog) and Beatrice's mom is maybe a straight-haired terrier while Bo's dad is a mut, in other words they have no idea on him!!


Just like Brynn and Broadie, Bo and Bea have very different personalities.  Bo is so calm, chill, laid back and she is a mess.  Very high maintenance, prissy, and likes to cry and chew on stuff.


See what I mean about Bo?  Looks pretty comfy!


So happy about our additions to the family

No comments:

Post a Comment