Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Weekend

First off let me say Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends but more importantly my own mom. I am so lucky to have her as a part of my life as well as my children's. I am also blessed to have a second mom in my mother in law. I hope that my kids will grow up to think of me as a good mom and I hope that they are each blessed with a wonderful mother in law.

My Mother's Day weekend was a fabulous one. It all started on Friday when I got an email from Mallory's teacher that she wanted me to have lunch with her. In Mallory's class they earn tickets throughout each week for good behavior. On Fridays they can cash in their tickets for prizes. Each prize has a different value. Mallory usually likes to "buy" shoes off for the day or a happy meal. However, on Friday she chose to use her tix(15) I think to have me come to lunch with her. I was grinning from ear to ear. I will treasure these days when she wants to be with her momma!

Saturday morning Case and I went to Market Street for Stroller Fit. I got to see a lot of my other mommy friends and get in a good workout. We spent Saturday power washing and laundry until we went to church that evening. We participated in the Baby Dedication for Case which basically said we promise to raise him to have a relationship with Lord and to set a good example for him in his life. This was more for me but it was nice to do it. Before the service I told Lonnie that I bet the Pastor would comment on Case's hair. Sure enough he said something about it and tried to touch it acting like it hurt his hand. Too funny. In case you didn't know Case's hair is still sticking straight up! After the service we met my Dad, who has been a loner this week as my mom is out of town, for dinner and celebrated Mother's Day.

Here is Lonnie's attempt to take pictures with me and the kids. Not so easy with 3!!


Still trying....
About as good as it gets!! On Mother's Day I got red roses and the sweetest cards. Mallory had planned a secret with Dad to serve me breakfast in bed. I was able to sleep in(well 8:00 is like 11:00 at my house) and then Lonnie gave me pancakes and fruit. His pancakes were much better than mine so I told him he might be the one to cook those from now on! After that I pretty much stayed in my PJs until about 3:00. We then headed over to my in laws for some yummy steaks and potatoes and my mom in law gave me some more flowers and a bag of goodies for my feet :) The girls got to swim in the hot tub and then we headed home.



The girls at a birthday party.

As I laid in bed last night with Case passed out next to me and Lonnie and I about to drift off I could not help but be so thankful for the MANY blessings God has given me. My husband, my children, my family, my husband's family, my friends, etc...the list goes on. I could not think of a greater gift however than the one of being a mother. It truly has changed my life all for the better and I would not trade it for anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment